Saturday August 27 2016 @ Cox Arboretum MetroPark near Dayton Ohio. Full day workshop. 8AM to 5PM
Cost: $89 per person which includes Panera box lunch and refreshments. Transportation and overnight accommodations are not included. Payment is made the morning of the program, by cash, check or VISA/MC. All that is needed for registration is your email address for pre-workshop notifications. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Late summer in the gardens at Cox Arboretum offer a wide variety of nature subjects, from butterflies to sunflowers and tall wildflowers of the Ohio meadow. With this workshop I will be providing my best tips and tools for capturing nature and landscapes images for fine art photography using the DSLR camera, guiding students in the journey toward gaining more creative control with their cameras versus relying on automatic settings. This workshop will be a balance between classroom instruction on digital editing in the MeadWestvaco Theater room and field instruction on the trails and in the gardens of Cox Arboretum. We will be photographing both wide and intimate landscapes as well as natural details discovered within the park.
* My top ten tips for best results in landscape photography
* Pro techniques for optimal results with close-up (macro) nature photography
* Move into the creative zone and away from full auto
* The “zen” of fulfilling nature photography
* Learn to “see” the light
* How to “work” a location with proper approach and patience
* Best tools and lenses for pro results
* The benefits of working from creative angles
* Best practices and software for outstanding digital editing
* How to get your images noticed and ultimately sold and published
Plus my workshops are just plain FUN. Learning the art and craft of nature photography does not have to be tedious and stressful. Far from it. It should always be a fun and rewarding experience.